As part of CGESD's effort to make distance learning accessible to our students, students are able to check out a device from their home school. Students are receiving these devices to take part in learning activities during distance learning and once they return to school.
Students in grades K-2 will use iPads in the classroom.
McGraw Hill Wonders
If you are having trouble on an iPad with resources (for example, books) opening while on the McGraw Hill Wonders website, please follow these directions to allow pop-ups on the iPad.
Students in grades 2-5 will use Chromebooks in the classroom. Students in grades 6-8 will check out devices for use at school and at home.
Updating Chrome OS on Chromebook- Instructions for update
If you are prompted to enter an "old password" on a district Chromebook:
- Click on "Forgot your old password"
- Click on "Proceed anyway"
- Use the Troubleshooting steps listed here:
- Ask for help from a family member or friend
- Contact the teacher
- If the teacher is unable to troubleshoot the issue, the teacher will reach out to a Site Tech Liaison for the school. The Site Tech Liaison will then contact the family with further assistance and directions.
We recognize many of our families do not have reliable internet access at home. We have compiled the following resources to assist our families in getting connected:
- Cholla Elementary- WiFi is available in the parking lot between Cholla Elementary and Cactus Middle schools
- CGMS/Saguaro- WiFi is available in the parking lot of the auditorium facing Pinal Ave.
Device Protection Plan
The following document must be completed and returned to your child's school within 10 business days of checking out a device if you choose to opt into the Device Protection Plan. To pay for the optional Device Protection Plan fee ($25) offered by Casa Grande Elementary School District #4 in the 2021-2022 school year, please contact your child's school.