Welcome to the Casa Grande Elementary School District!
This is where you can find information about registration and enrollment for all schools in our district. If you have questions about your child’s specific school, please contact the front office of his/her school. If you are unsure what school your child (K-8) is designated to attend, please use Find my School (registration not required). Please be sure to fill out a Transportation Request if your child will be riding the bus this school year- Transportation Request
For information regarding Open Enrollment, please view the Open Enrollment section below.
New Student Enrollment
- We utilize our online enrollment platform, PowerSchool Enrollment. You will need an email address to create an account if you have not previously used the PowerSchool Enrollment site. If you do not have an email address, there are several options available for free including Google or Yahoo. Online Enrollment kiosks are also available at the school site.
- Once you submit the online enrollment(s), please bring the following to the school(s) you are enrolling your child(ren). For more information, please see the Enrollment Criteria below.
- Proof of student identity and age
- Immunization records
- Parent or guardian photo identification
- Evidence of Residency
- If applicable, court documents including those regarding legal guardianship or custody
If you are looking to enroll in our Online Learning Academy, please see the specific information below. Current CGESD students need to fill out an Open Enrollment form AND be enrolled through New Student Enrollment to attend the Online Learning Academy for the 2021 - 2022 school year.
Online Student Enrollment Forms
Nuevo - Formulario de inscripción en línea - Español (21-22)
Después de hacer clic en el enlace de arriba,
haga clic en el icono del globo en la esquina
superior derecha para elegir español.
Casa Grande Online Learning Academy (CGOLA)
The Casa Grande Online Learning Academy is an approved Arizona Online Instruction program that provides an opportunity for K-8 students to participate in virtual distance learning during the entirety of the school year. This school will function virtually, but opportunities will be provided to participate in small group instruction and other structured activities at the Center for Online and Innovative Learning (currently the Evergreen Elementary campus).
The CGOLA will offer high-quality, engaging kindergarten through eighth-grade education, which can be accessed at home. Students can check out district-issued technology to access the curriculum. Internet access will be required to access online content. Students will be assigned a teacher within the online academy. Teachers will design an entire year of academic material to be delivered in an online format.
Per ARS 15-808, students participating in the Online Learning Academy must:
- Participate in all district and state assessments (transportation is the responsibility of the family)
- Show measurable yearly academic growth
- Provide annual Proof of Residency in Arizona
- Complete a minimum number of instructional hours each week, reported through a daily log, to ensure completion of the following number of instructional hours each school year:
Expected Minimum Daily Hours
Expected Minimum Weekly Hours
Total Required Annual Hours
2020 - 2021 School Year - Casa Grande Online Learning Academy
Additional information on Distance Learning vs. Casa Grande Online Learning Academy and Back to School FAQs can be found on our District website.
If you would like to enroll your child in the Online Academy, please complete the following for each student:
- Elementary School (Kindergarten-5th Grade)
Please contact Evergreen Elementary and complete enrollment for Evergreen Elementary through our District website- Please see New Student Enrollment above.
- Middle School (6th-8th Grade)
Please contact your home middle school (Cactus Middle, Casa Grande Middle, or Villago Middle) and complete enrollment for this school through our District website- Please see New Student Enrollment above.
- For Open Enrollment Families
If you have not yet been offered Open Enrollment to CGESD, you must complete the Open Enrollment Application and go through the approval process. Please see Open Enrollment below.
Preschool - For additional information about Preschool, please visit our ECLC page
Kindergarten – A student enrolling in kindergarten must be five (5) years of age on or prior to August 31 in the school year for which you are applying (Arizona Revised Statutes 15-821).
*For additional information about Kindergarten programs available in our District, please visit the Kindergarten page.First Grade – A student enrolling in first grade must be six (6) years of age on or before August 31 in the school year for which you are applying (Arizona Revised Statutes 15-821).
Enrollment CriteriaProof of Student Identity and Age- One of the following must be provided:
Current immunization record - All students entering Arizona public schools are required by law to be immunized. Proof of immunization or a signed waiver is required at the time of enrollment and must include the name of the person, birth date, type of vaccine administered and the month, day and year of each immunization (A.R.S. 15-828) Click here for the Arizona School Immunization Requirements.
- Certified copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Other reliable proof of the student’s identity and age, including the student’s baptismal certificate, an application for a social security number, or original school registration records and an affidavit explaining the inability to provide a copy of the birth certificate.
- A letter from the authorized representative of an agency having custody of the student (pursuant to statute) certifying that the student has been placed in the custody of the agency as prescribed by law
Parent or Guardian Photo Identification - Required in order to verify identity of the legal parent or guardian enrolling the child to ensure student safety and security.
Any government-issued photo identification of the student’s legal parent or guardian (e.g. driver’s license, passport, identification card). If a parent or legal guardian does not have any government-issued photo identification, the District will consider alternative forms of identification.
Proof of Residency- Arizona Revised Statutes (A.R.S) 15-802(b) requires school districts to obtain and maintain verifiable documentation of Arizona Residency upon enrollment in an Arizona public school. The documentation must be provided each time a student enrolls in a school and reaffirmed annually. Click here for the acceptable documents and additional information on Proof of Residency.Legal Guardianship or Custodial Documents – Please provide any legal guardianship and/or custody documents regarding the student, if applicable.
Student Dress Code
Open Enrollment applications are now available for Kindergarten through 8th grade for the 2021-2022 school year for Casa Grande Elementary School District. Please visit the district website, www.cgesd.org, for the application, procedures, and additional information.
CGESD accepts open enrollment applications from parents wishing to have their child attend a CGESD school outside their attendance area and from parents from other school districts wishing to have their child considered for enrollment in CGESD. Applications for Open Enrollment will be considered on the basis of the criteria outlined in Governing Board policy JFB-R.
Applications for open enrollment should be turned in to the school to which you are applying for open enrollment:
- By January 15, 2021 for Group A consideration;
- January 16, 2021 - February 16, 2021 for Group B consideration;
- February 17, 2021- May 20, 2021 for Group C consideration;
- After May 20, 2021 for Group D consideration.
Notifications will be made to Group A applicants no later than February 1, 2021. After notification, families will then complete enrollment for the school site the child will be attending.
Students that are currently enrolled through open enrollment returning to the same school site do not need to complete a new open enrollment form. However, the family must complete an intent to return form for each student on open enrollment. Intent to Return Forms will be sent home no later than January 11, 2021 and are due January 25, 2021.
Families of 5th Graders
If you are unsure which middle school your child will attend for 6th grade, please use Find My School. If you would like your child to attend a CGESD middle school other than your home middle school, you will need to fill out and turn in an open enrollment application to the middle school you wish for them to attend. Applications will be considered following the procedures outlined above.
Families of CGOLA Students
If you wish to have your student open enroll at a school site other than their home school for in-person instruction for the 2021-2022 school year, you must complete this open enrollment form. For all students planning to attend CGOLA for the 2021-2022 school year, an Open Enrollment form must be filled out for each student and submitted to Evergreen Elementary.
If you have any questions regarding Open Enrollment, please call the school office.