Casa Grande Elementary School District Extracurricular Activity Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for extracurricular participation shall be no F’s and no more than two D’s in all classes in which the student is enrolled in.
Grades will be evaluated every three weeks. If a student is not meeting eligibility requirements, they will be ineligible to participate in practice or competition until their grade is brought up. Once the student brings up their grades and are once again eligible to play sports, they can come back to practice at that time. They will miss one game due to being ineligible, no matter how quickly the grade is brought up.
Victory with Honor
The Signal Peak Athletic Conference is a non-competitive league that strives to teach athletes the rules of the game. The conference emphasizes athletic experience and developing the skills of each player. Interscholastic athletic competitions should demonstrate high standards of ethics, sportsmanship and promote the development of good character. The highest potential of sports is achieved when participants are committed to pursuing victory with honor according to six core principles: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and good citizenship. This code applies to all students involved in sports in the Signal Peak Athletic Conference. Parents/Guardians should play an important role by reinforcing the Code of Conduct in an effort to improve the overall quality of the school sports experience.
A student may be disciplined or removed from a team for a violation of any of the provisions of the Pursuing Victory with Honor Code of Conduct.
Cactus Middle School
1220 E. Kortsen Rd.
Casa Grande, Az 85122
Physical Packet Information
Students need to pick up a Cactus physical packet from the office before going to get a physical
The following are required to be completed before participating on an athletic team:
- Extracurricular Activity Eligibility Criteria
- Statement of Insurance Coverage
- Annual Preparticipation Health Questionnaire
- MTBI/Concussion Acknowledge Form
- Annual Physical Examination
- Emergency Card
- Code of Conduct
- Field Trip Permission Form
When the physical packet is completed, turn it into the office. The student will receive a clearance card which they will give to their coach the first day of tryouts. A physical is only valid for one calendar year so it is highly recommended to complete a new one at the start of each new school year to avoid missing tryouts.
Expectations for Athletes
- Cactus students are expected to pursue Victory with Honor, to adhere to the rules of competitions, and display trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship on and off the field.
- Coyote student athletes will give their best effort in all that they do when on a team.
- Coyote athletes will lose with grace, win with honor and strive through both to bring pride and respect to our sports, school and community
- In keeping with these expectations, any student placed in alternative placement is ineligible for practices or games for the duration of the placement. Students may also be benched for a minimum of one game upon returning from APS.
- If an athlete is suspended from school for any reason, they will automatically be dismissed from the team for the remainder of the season.
7th Girls Volleyball
8th Girls Volleyball
6th/7th/8th Boys Soccer
6th/7th/8th Girls Soccer
6th/7th/8th CoEd Flag Football
6th/7th/8th CoEd Cross Country
6th/7th/8th CoEd Cheer
7th Girls Basketball
8th Girls Basketball
7th Boys Baseball
8th Boys Baseball
6th/7th/8th CoEd Wrestling
7th Girls Softball
8th Girls Softball
7th Boys Basketball
8th Boys Basketball
6th/7th/8th CoEd Track
6th/7th/8th CoEd Cheer
*Coaches will inform students of tryouts/practice/game dates