- Villago Middle School
Return to In-Person Learning
Dear Parents & Guardians,
We are putting the final touches in place to return to hybrid learning next Monday, March 1. The A Group will be attending on Mondays and Thursdays, and the B Group on Tuesdays and Fridays. We will be emailing all students their hybrid schedules by this Thursday.
If you cannot remember if your child was in the A Group or B Group, please send me an email with their name and grade level, and I can let you know.
The procedures will be the same as we had when we were on campus in October and November. Here are some important procedures:
· Masks are mandatory while on the bus and on campus. Students can remove it when they eat lunch.
· The campus will open at 8:00 a.m., the students will report directly to their first-period class.
· Students will be in cohorts that travel together during the school day.
· Students will eat lunch in the classrooms.
· Drinking fountains will be turned off. Students are encouraged to bring water from home. They can purchase a bottle of water in the office for 25 cents.
· There will be no after-school activities.
These procedures were very effective when we used them in October and November as we had zero cases that we traced to Villago.
Here are some other important announcements:
1. Parent-Teacher Conferences will Thursday, March 11, 2:30-4:30 p.m., and 6-8 p.m. They also will be on Friday, March 12, from 2:30-4:30 p.m. Please contact your child's teachers directly to schedule a conference. Each teacher will be doing their conference by either Zoom or telephone. Conferences will be with one teacher at a time.
2. Students will be released at 1:45 p.m. on March 11 (A Group) and March 12 (B Group)
3. The end of the Third Quarter is March 5.
4. Students start the Fourth Quarter on March 8.
5. Spring Break is March 15-19
6. Students will be taking the AzMerit Test after we return from Spring Break. Actual dates will depend on grade level and Academic Lab classes.
7. Bus schedule information will be emailed home later this week.
Given the current trends of infection rates in Pinal County, we are making plans for a full five-day week return to school when the numbers reach safe levels. The earliest date could be March 22. Once we have the green light for the full return I will communicate that information to you.
Those students who signed up online for the entire year will remain on-line through the end of the school year. If you want your child to remain on-line for the next school year, you will need to transfer your child to the Casa Grande On-Line Academy, as Villago will only be doing in-person learning next year.
We do some room to move sixth and seventh-grade students for the rest of this school year to on-line if you are not comfortable with your child returning to campus. Eighth-grade on-line capacity is currently full. We do not have the capacity for students who signed up for on-line this year to move back to campus this year because we have to limit classes to 30 when we return five days a week. Next year they will be fine as we shift staff back to campus from their on-line assignments.
Have a great week, and I am looking forward to seeing our students on campus next week. Thank you for all your support as we had to make these changes this year. Stay safe.